Sunday, November 30, 2008

Disaster

I returned from a week of vacation to find my tank in complete ruin. Hair algae, beard algae and blue-green algae everywhere and even the water is green. I cleaned out some algae last night but it was already so late I could not do more. Today I have no time to work on it as well and this week at work will be crazy, so perhaps I can work on it a bit every night.

I was too panicked at the time to take a picture.

All I can think of is that the automatic fish feeder was dumping way more fish food in than I wanted. All the fish had very fat tummies so this is probably the culprit.

Sigh... and things were going so well.

3 comments:

Leslierush said...

Bummer man. Seriously though...I had no idea taking care of fish was so precise ya know? Good Luck

Shae said...

Its okay baby. You'll have it whipped back into shape in no time!

Lindsy said...

See what happens when you shirk and go off to Disneyland playing. Man, that dang algae ;( Laughed when I saw the cat face. Those water plants are pretty.

As Dwight would say... "Question" How much food do you feed a Beta? The lady at the fish store said 3 pellets a day, but Breanne's fish, Violet, seems really hungry and the actual fish food container instructions recommend feeding the fish 2 or 3 times a day.