Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finally

Wow! After waiting... and waiting... and waiting for my AGA 50 gallon aquarium to come in at the local pet shop it finally arrived! It took about 8 weeks for the shop and his distributor to figure it out. Its all been very hard for them for some reason.

The same day the cabinet guy called and said the stand and hood is finished. YAY!

I'm very happy with the way the stand turned out, in fact, it is perfect. The hood has some issues, but overall I'm pleased with the way it turned out. Maybe sometime in the future I can have Lee build me a new hood. One thing I do like about the hood is that the inside is lined with formica.

Here is the tank/stand/hood full of water to test for leaks.

An overnight water test gave no leaks, but I did find something that has given me high stress. One of the edge seals is very poorly done (just my luck right?). If it were a standard tank size I would take it back and exchange it, but I can't really wait 8 weeks for a new tank to be ordered in since this is my sabbatical project. The bubbles in the seal have not changed and I think it will hold fine, but maybe have a shorter span. After much discussion and festering we have decided to press on with this one and then replace it next time we move, and of course, keep a close eye on it for changes.

The last 2 days have been busy wiring in the lighting, adding substrate, filter setup and plant order. The plants arrive Friday!

2 comments:

Scott said...

that seal . . . now you'll always have something to fester about.

if I were you, I'd be puttin' some scotch tape along that edge.

Leslierush said...

what if is just burst one day? that would suck!