Monday, October 27, 2008

Fished what I wanted!

Today I went out to find my cleaner crew.
On the hit list were Ottos, some kind of cool cory cat and a dwarf pleco of some kind. Started out at Pets Inc. They were out of ottos and the bushy nosed pleco was 20 bucks... I had to pass on that one. I did find 4 panda corys though and they were trying to clear them out w/ a 25% discount. YAY. If they do well I'll have to pick up some more pandas in the future. After that, I headed to Petsmart on Kyrene (the best petsmart/petco in the area if you ask me). They had the Ottos I was looking for and I picked up 8. They also had 2 choice plecos for my planted setup. A rubbernosed pleco and bristlenosed pleco. I have had bristlenosed plecos before and really liked them, so I went with that one. The rubbernose has an unpleasant color.
They are all in the aquarium now and seem to be doing well. The corys had a bit of a shock but are recovering. Maybe I'll be lucky and not lose any.

My otto cats, already busy at work on the dwarf sag.

Pleco hiding in the drift wood.

My Pandas... still freaking out from the transfer.
My crypt melt is underway, but there are signs of new growth as well.

For the next few days I will monitor ammonia levels, but I expect them to be low. I have seeded the filter with mulm from my other aquariums.

1 comment:

Shae said...

You've had a knack of fishing what you wanted ever since you fished me!